My husband loves a good story. Here are his go-to ones each December. The first two are in the public domain so you can find them for free on the internet—isn’t that an amazing invention? The others, I’m sorry you’ll either have to borrow from the library or spend money for.
- A CHRISTMAS CAROL by Charles Dickens http://www.stormfax.com/1dickens.htm
- THE GIFT OF THE MAGI by O Henry http://www.online-literature.com/o_henry/1014/
- THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGENT EVER by Barbara Robinson for elementary age kids.
- COWBOY CHRISTMAS by Rob Sanders, Illustrated by John Manders—fun for cowgirls, too.
5. MANGER, Poems selected by Lee Bennett Hopkins—for ages 3 to 103
6. And last, but not least, the book about me, ‘TWAS THE LATE NIGHT OF CHRISTMAS
Since you will have completed your shopping, hopefully, and written your cards, hopefully, you should have plenty of time during December to read these stories with your family. Last year I shared some of my favorite Christmas books. You’ll find them here.
If anyone else has favorite Christmas books to share, please do.
In my next post, get ready for another poem AND a recipe, that I promise is easy and delicious.